Mechanical Engineering DesignCSD Engineering provide a range of Mechanical Building Services Engineering Design
Mechanical Engineering Design
The standard elements of Mechanical Building Services Engineering Design provided by CSD are as follows:
• Air Conditioning Systems including Cleanroom HVAC×
• LPHW / MPHW / HPHW / Steam Heating Systems
• Chilled / Cooling Water Systems
• Mechanical Ventilation Systems
• Central Utility Systems:
– Compressed Air
– Industrial Gases
– Clean Steam
– Purified Water
• Smoke Extract Systems
• Water Services Installations
• Above ground Soils & Wastes Installations
• First Aid / Fire Hose Reel Installations
• Sprinkler Fire Protection Installations
• Natural Gas, Bulk Gas and Oil Fuel Installations
• Automated Controls / BMS
Electrical Engineering DesignThe Electrical Eningeers work in conjunction with Mechanical Engineers for delivery.
Electrical Engineering Design
The Electrical Engineers work in conjunction with Mechanical Engineers for delivery and
successful completion of projects. We provide design solutions for many sectors of the
construction industry including industrial, pharmaceutical and healthcare. To enable us to
achieve a high quality and consistent service we utilise the latest engineering design aids
such as Amtech and DiaLux which enables us to facilitate design changes and on site coordination
issues with ease. Our quality control systems ensure that all of our designs
comply with current regulations and design guidelines e.g. ETCI, BS standards, etc. We
also provide a proficient service in relation to corresponding with utility providers in order to
ensure timely delivery of utility services. A brief list of the electrical engineering design
services are listed below.
• High, Medium and Low Voltage Installations including 38kV substation design.×
• Small Power Distribution Systems
• Lighting & Emergency Lighting Systems
• Power distribution systems and LV networks
• LV switchgear design
• Architectural / effect lighting design
• Power Factor Correction
• Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
• Fire suppression systems
• Emergency/Standby and Co-generation Power Systems
• UPS Systems
• Lift Installations
• Public Address Systems
• Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) Systems
• Security/Access Control/CCTV Systems
• Specialist Healthcare Systems (Panic Alarm, Wander System, Disabled Refuge etc)
• Building Management Systems
• Data & Business continuity centres application design
• Data infrastructure cabling and control centres
• Energy monitoring & control
• Utility provider applications and co-ordination
• Hazardous area installations design including intrinsically safe applications
Cleanroom Production Building Services DesignCSD Engineering provide a range of sustainable building services design services.
Cleanroom Production Building Services Design
The principal elements of sustainable Building Services Engineering Design provided by CSD are as follows:×
• Detailed analysis of thermal performance of building to obtain optimum insulation values
and avoidance of solar overheating in compliance with Building Regulations Part L.
• Solar Shading and Solar Control.
• Natural Ventilation Strategies
• Lighting Management Systems including Day Lighting Design.
• Rainwater and Greywater Collection and Re-circulation.
• Combined Heat and Power Systems (Cogeneration).
• Thermal Storage Systems.
• Biomass Heating Systems.
• Geothermal Heating and Cooling Systems.
• Solar Panel Design.
• Wind Generators.
We also have the design capability to carry out dynamic simulations including CFD
(Computational Fluid Dynamics) analysis on buildings to demonstrate the performance of
proposed system designs.
Where available, we can direct and assist the client/design team with regard to obtaining
grant funding for particular energy projects.
Masterplan / Infrastructure DesignPress the read more button to see more on our Buildings Services utility infrastructure design offering.
Masterplan / Infrastructure Design
The main scope of our Building Services Utility Infrastructure design is as follows:×
• Meet with client/design team to assess overall site utility requirements with respect to
programme for the development and phasing of demand.
• Liaise with utility providers and agree methodology for distribution of services
throughout the site.
• Evaluate use of alternative energy sources including conducting feasibility studies
and potential for employing central utility generation with district distribution systems.
• Prepare preliminary budget estimates for services infrastructure for inclusion in
overall development cost plan.
• Advise planners/architects on implication of utilities on planning application including
requirements for environmental impact statement/assessment study as necessary.
• Prepare and issue tender documentation to contractors.
• Provide construction support as required.
Project ManagementThe staff at CSD have many years experience of providing a quality “hands-on” project.
The staff at CSD have many years experience of providing a quality “hands-on” project×
management service to our Clients. Our managers and engineers have a proven track
record in Project Management and our primary focus is to ensure the following deliverables
are provided to the Client:
• Detailed Basis of Design Study in accordance with Client’s requirements
• Detailed Project Execution Plan
• Project Planning & critical path planning
• Resource Identification and Scheduling
• Identification / Procurement of Long Lead Equipment
• Accurate monitoring/reporting of Project Costs and Construction Schedule
• Timely integration of additions & changes into the Project Execution Plan
• Supervision of Commissioning and Handover to Client
• Delivery of project to Client on time and within budget in accordance with all technical
• Time management & control
Hospital / Healthcare Services DesignCSD are experienced in all aspects of hospital and healthcare facility design including the following critical areas:
Hospital / Healthcare Services Design
CSD are experienced in all aspects of hospital and healthcare facility design including the following critical areas:
• Operating Theatres
• Intensive Care Units (ICU)
• Intensive Therapy Units (ITU)
• Acute Isolation Units
• Cardiology including Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratories (CCL)
• Central Decontamination Units (CDU)
CSD have in-depth knowledge of the design and installation of the following specialist×
• Medical gas installations
• Steam for Sterilization
• Compressed Air
• Vacuum systems
• IPS / UPS (cardiac protected services)
• Nurse Call / Baby Call systems
• Hospital Security / Lockdown systems
• Nurse care bathing facilities
• Wander monitor systems
• Induction loops (hard of hearing)
• Central utilities including CHP
• Electrical interference abatement
• Compliance with hospital technical memoranda